In this episode Ben, Charles, and Amy brought to the table five types of freshwater fish that you’re not likely to see in our shop.
Let us know what you think, but keep the discussion civil. Do you agree with our picks? What fish do you think shouldn’t be for sale?
– In this episode, we state that max size for a tiger shovelnose catfish is eight feet long. There are reports of them reaching this size in the wild, but we cannot find a reliable source for one larger than five feet.
Species Listed in this Episode:
– Clown knifefish (Chitala ornata)
– Flowerhorn cichlid (Hybrid)
– Silver arowana (Osteoglossum bicirrhosum)
– Black arowana (Osteoglossum ferreirai)
– Tiger shovelnose catfish (Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum)
– Black ranchu goldfish (Carassius auratus)
– Iridescent shark (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus)
– Pacu (Colossoma macropomum)
– Redtail catfish (Phractocephalus hemioliopterus)
– Koi (Cyprinus rubrofuscus)
– Feeder goldfish (Carassius auratus)
– Kissing gourami (Helostoma temminckii)
– Giant gourami (Osphronemus goramy)
– Denison barb (Sahyadria denisonii)