When you look back, what do you wish you knew about aquarium keeping before diving into the hobby? In this episode, the Water Colors team discuss some mistakes and misconceptions we wish we knew years ago. Tell us about the things you wish that you had known when you first started keeping aquariums in the Water Colors Aquarium Gallery Podcast Listeners Facebook Group.
In this episode we erroneously stated that the chemical formula for ammonia is NH4+. That is the formula for ammonium, an ionized form of ammonia. The chemical formula for ammonia is NH3.
Fishes Mentioned in this Episode:
– Betta persephone
– Yellow Lab cichlid (Labidochromis caeruleus)
– Fancy goldfish (Carassius auratus)
– Neon tetra (Paracheirodon innesi)
– Domesticated Betta (Betta splendens)
– Percula clownfish (Amphiprion percula)
– Blue Hippo tang (Paracanthurus hepatus)
– Betta unimaculata “Sangatta”
– White-Spotted Bamboo shark (Chiloscyllium plagiosum)
– Cardinal tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi)
– Betta brownorum
– Celestial Pearl danio (Celesichthys margaritatus)
– Stars and Stripes puffer (Arothron hispidus)